If you’re anything like me, you have an epic sweet tooth. If you’re also like me, you love cereals whose target market is 7 year old children. Yes, these cereals are of course, not a very wise choice to start your morning. So luckily, I created a healthy, filling and delicious solution: Chocolate Oatmeal!
With less sugar, less sodium, more fiber and more protein than Nesquik’s chocolatey equivalent, this chocolate oatmeal is a nice alternative. It’s super easy and unlike the pre-made, store bought, junk cereal, this oatmeal has only 4 ingredients, all of which you can pronounce!
What You’ll Need
- Quick oats – 1/3 cup
- Water – 2/3 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Brown Sugar – 1 teaspoon (as my taste buds adapt, I’m trying to reduce this amount every time I make it)
- Combine everything in a small pot
- Place over medium heat
- Stir until desired texture is reached (about 4 minutes)
- Serve with your choice of toppings
- Be sure to soak your pot after cooking!
While good on its own, you can add so many fun things to this chocolate oatmeal. It all depends on your tastes and nutritional needs.
- Fruit (bananas are my fave)
- Milk (dairy or other)
- Chia Seeds
- Protein Powder
- The possibilities are endless!
Fun Nutritional Facts
This may not be the healthiest food ever, but it it’s not too shabby!
|Serving Size||1/3 cup – Very Filling||3/4 cup – Not enough to keep me full|
And there you have it. My healthier take on a sweet way to start your day. I hope you give it a try!